Apply to gener8tor
Applications are now closed. We anticipate accepting applications for our next program (Madison 2016) in late September. Please join our Meetup group to be notified.
Believe. Ignite. Achieve.
- gener8tor invests its community, capital, expertise, mentorship and network in capable, early-stage entrepreneurs with innovative business models. gener8tor works with the startups in its portfolio to create successful, scalable companies.
- Join the 33 gener8tor alums who have cumulatively raised nearly $45 million in follow-on financing. Of these 33 alums, twelve have raised more than a million dollars of follow-on financing or have been acquired in multi-million dollar acquisitions. Over 85% of gener8tor’s alums have raised more than $250,000 in follow-on financing.
- gener8tor is seeking to invest in high-growth businesses, including software, IT, web, SaaS, e-commerce and hardware. Accepted companies receive up to $140,000 and 12 weeks of mentorship-driven programming. gener8tor is a proud member of the Global Accelerator Network (GAN) and is sponsored by American Family Insurance.
gener8tor is a Top 15 accelerator in the US as ranked by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project.
Who can apply to gener8tor?
Everyone is encouraged to apply!
- Team is the #1 factor. We are looking for complete and formidable teams.
- gener8tor invests in companies at a variety of stages, from concept to post-revenue to profitable. Most accepted companies are post-product/post-revenue, with revenues ranging up to $50,000 MRR (subscription model) or $400,000 trailing 12-month revenue (transactional model). We always invest in at least one “napkin” (eg. pre-product/pre-revenue) company per program.
- You can be from anywhere, but:
- You are required to physically participate at gener8tor’s office for the program
- Programs alternate between Madison, WI (Winter) and Milwaukee, WI (Summer/Fall)
- Each program is 12-weeks long and intensive
- We work with all types of high-growth businesses, including software, IT, web, SaaS, e-commerce and hardware
Deal Terms & Perks:
- – $20,000 cash investment in exchange for 6-9% common stock equity
- – $70,000 of guaranteed follow-on capital from gener8tor and Angels on the Water (uncapped convertible note)
- – Additional $50,000 of guaranteed follow-on capital for Wisconsin-based companies from the BrightStar Wisconsin Foundation (uncapped convertible note)
- – Access to staff designer and interns (development, marketing, social media, journalism, business development, sales, etc)
- – $500,000+ in deals and perks from vendors like SoftLayer, Rackspace, Amazon, PayPal and Microsoft
- – Support from the gener8tor team and network of alumni & mentors
Global Accelerator Network
We are a member of the GAN, an invite-only community of the world’s most respected organizations that provide startups with the best resources to create and grow their businesses, wherever they are. Startups accepted into a GAN accelerator have access to a variety of exclusive perks including over $1M worth of free services, introductions to a network of investors and access to soft landing spaces worldwide.
- gener8tor’s next class is “Madison 2015″
- Early Application Deadline: TBA
- Final Application Deadline: TBA
- Program Dates: Late Winter/Early Spring 2016
- Held at gener8tor’s Madison office: 30 W Mifflin St, 5th Floor, Madison, WI 53703
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or…fill out the application now.
- Want to learn more? We’re coming to a city near you. Sign up for Office Hours: http://www.gener8torofficehours.com