Apply to gener8tor
Believe. Ignite. Achieve.
gener8tor is a “Top 15” accelerator that invests in high-growth startups. Twice a year we invest up to $140k in each of five startups who receive a concierge experience during our 12-week accelerator program. gener8tor supports the growth of these startups through our network of experienced mentors, technologists, corporate partners, angel investors and venture capitalists.
Join the 33 gener8tor alums who have cumulatively raised $50 million in follow-on financing. Of these 38 alums, thirteen have raised more than a million dollars of follow-on financing or have been acquired in multi-million dollar acquisitions. Over 85% of gener8tor’s alums have raised more than $250,000 in follow-on financing.
gener8tor is seeking to invest in high-growth businesses, including software, IT, web, SaaS, e-commerce and hardware. Accepted companies receive up to $140,000 and 12 weeks of mentorship-driven programming. gener8tor is a proud member of the Global Accelerator Network (GAN) and is sponsored by American Family Insurance.
gener8tor is a Top 15 accelerator in the US as ranked by the Seed Accelerator Rankings Project: http://www.seedrankings.com.
Who can apply to gener8tor?
Everyone is encouraged to apply!
- Team is the #1 factor. We are looking for complete and formidable teams.
- gener8tor invests in companies at a variety of stages, from concept to post-revenue to profitable. Most accepted companies are post-product/post-revenue, with revenues ranging up to $50,000 MRR (subscription model) or $400,000 trailing 12-month revenue (transactional model). We always invest in at least one “napkin” (eg. pre-product/pre-revenue) company per program.
- You can be from anywhere, but:
- You are required to physically participate at gener8tor’s office for the program.
- Programs alternate between Madison, WI (Winter) and Milwaukee, WI (Summer/Fall).
- Each program is 12 weeks long and intensive.
- We work with all types of high-growth businesses, including software, IT, web, SaaS, e-commerce and hardware.
Deal Terms & Perks:
– $20,000 cash investment in exchange for 6-7% common stock equity.
– $70,000 of guaranteed follow-on capital from gener8tor and Angels on the Water (uncapped convertible note).
– Additional $50,000 of guaranteed follow-on capital for Wisconsin-based companies from the BrightStar Wisconsin Foundation (uncapped convertible note).
– Access to staff interns (development, design, marketing, social media, journalism, business development, sales and more).
– $500,000+ in deals and perks from vendors like SoftLayer, Rackspace, Amazon, PayPal and Microsoft
– Support from the gener8tor team and network of alumni and mentors.
Global Accelerator Network:
We are a member of the GAN, an invite-only community of the world’s most respected organizations that provide startups with the best resources to create and grow their businesses, wherever they are. Startups accepted into a GAN accelerator have access to a variety of exclusive perks including over $1M worth of free services, introductions to a network of investors and access to soft landing spaces worldwide.
gener8tor Madison 2016
Early Application Deadline: December 13th at 11:59pm CT
Final Application Deadline: January 2nd at 11:59pm CT
Program Dates: February 12th-May 19th
Location: 30 W Mifflin St, 5th Floor, Madison, WI 53703
Want to learn more? We’re coming to a city near you! Sign up for Office Hours: http://www.gener8torofficehours.com.